DEAR VALLEY FELLOWSHIP FAMILY
Message from the Pastoral Team to Members and Friends of Valley Fellowship
Every one of us needs to connect daily with God and to focus daily on what is unchanging. Perhaps, it would be helpful to look in the mirror and speak to yourself. Say each of the following statements aloud so your own ears can hear it. “God cares about everything I am going through.” “God welcomes my prayer about anything.” “God responds out of His goodness.” “God’s purpose is better than my plan.” “God loves me.” “God will be with me through this crisis.”
God is close to you right now. The Message paraphrases Isaiah 43:1-2, “Don’t be afraid, I’ve redeemed you. I’ve called your name. You’re mine. When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you. When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down. When you’re between a rock and a hard place, it won’t be a dead end — Because I am God, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, your Savior.”
We will get through this, and God want to use us to help others. Here are some things God wants us to do:
- First, personally connect daily with Heavenly Father. Claim your private “prayer closet”; read and meditate God’s Word, worship Him, and receive His grace.
- Second, pray! Intercede for the individuals of Valley Fellowship and pray for revival and awakening in the Tennessee Valley and around the world.
- Third, call or text family and your church family. Don’t just sit there feeling lonely, reach out. Call someone in the church directory and ask how they are doing.
- Fourth, use the internet to connect with Valley Fellowship’s online materials and posts. Go to the homepage (valleyfellowship.com) and select the Resources tab where you can watch/listen/read sermons by clicking on the link. These will bless you! We also post encouragement on Facebook @ValleyFellowshipChurch. Please, “like” and “friend” us so that you can access the fresh words we post each week.
- Fifth, get connected with a small group from church. Prayer warriors are doing conference calls; married-lifers are zoom meeting; if necessary, reach out and form a new group so that you can encourage one another.
- Sixth, please, send us your complete, updated contact information (address, email, cell, emergency contact, etc) so that we can stay in touch and be able to communicate in any emergency. We are answering the office phone.
- Seventh, give tithes and offerings. Mailing checks is fine, but we have also set up convenient ways to give online (through the church website), give by text, or give via an app (call us for more information).